I don't have a pic yet from this weekend but I will post one in my blog once there are some available, but here is one of my faves from her website!
I know personally how hard it is mentally to be forced to give up something you love and are good at, to have to submit to changes like that and she did it with such class!!!! I did not see her struggle or cry about how she can no longer lift a thousand pounds and can only lift a few hundred now.......ok exaggerated the numbers but this girl is strong.....at her worst she lifts what was my best! She embraced motherhood and moved forward re-sculpting her power lifting body into a winning pro card fitness body.......that's 'POWER' for ya!
Things are going very well with contest prep!
- My arms are showing great capped shoulders and lines between them and the mid arm. Abs are feeling great, upper 4 are really hardening out!
- Lines were in my legs weeks ago so no worries there, just a bit more clean up of and fat loss but its not too far off proportioned to my upper body.
- Cardio is easier now which feels great, although allergies this year are making things a bit harder with the asthma attacks during some cardio but its not like I am not used to it so I just plug on!
- Diet is fine but I crashed Tuesday, took a few extra days off to heal up some fingers, toes and aches and just fill my glycogen stores you know???? I had some oatmeal a few mornings with berries, and a bit of rice here and there, some extra carbs to help replenish........something of a refeed but nothing drastic but enough to fill my muscles and put on a lb or 2 and my muscles needed it, they look much better now.
- Routine, I took the week off, prob have to make some minor changes to help things along but I am very happy with it and expecting my costume soon.......anyone wanna guess my theme???? I am not telling you have keep guessing! One hint.......think 'hips'.......teehee, I won't give it away!!!
- My costume will be simple and theme oriented, my bikini follows suit as well and its all very bright and sparkly of course.........no hints on colors, you have to wait and see.
- I have a few photo shoots set up between now and show time as well but if only our weather would dry out, hard to do any outdoor stuff with cold and rain and hard to set up indoor stuff for no cost but I am working on it.
- Venues are set til next year and am plugging away for sponsors which are needed to help me fund all the entries, suits, supplies, travel etc.