Suspension training has excellent advantages and is a plus to mix into your training. Aside the convenience, it trains you in ways that hit your body differerntly than other forms of exercise. Its helpful to those seeking more body lift strength, balance, core, agility ......
I will show you a workout using the TRX and some video clips to help. Later I will be posting a full length follow along video of this on youtube.
Start with the basic 2 sets of 10 and work up to higher reps, added weight like ankle weights and creative twists to futher challenge and sculpt the body.
- Keep the belly button into the lower back.
- Keep hips parallel to the floor.
- Use arms to help stabilize.
- Tight Core, belly button into lower back,
- Keep wrists in line with shoulders, 90 degree elbow bend, no more.
- Adjust your angle according to your fitness level, deeper incline is harder.
- Like the other exercises, tight core.
- Your goal is to get hips over shoulders but work up to it.
- Control the lowering into plank.
- Core tight,
- Reach and touch, then return using extreme control.
- Watch your speed.
- Adjust your angle by your fitness level, more incline is harder.
- Keep the elbows close to the body and facing back.
- Try to drop to a 90 degree bend in elbows and knees but only if your shoulders allow, work up to it or if you have shoulder issues do partials.
- Legs out if you are at a higher fitness level. On a ball is another step up.
- Learn balance before you take off, start with out leaping a few times to test it out and get the arm coordination.
- Core must be tight for this or you wobble all over. This is advanced.
- This is almost like an assisted single leg squat jump, with very little assitance lol
- Use arms to help and drive up with chest, use knee up to help momentum.